Friday, February 20, 2009

Hard Rock Atlanta Writes Personal Insult on Receipt

Now, we visited Zoo Atlanta for the day. When the zoo closed, we decided to do a little sightseeing, and just sort of drive around downtown Atlanta for a while. Why not, right? When we saw the Hard Rock, we realized we were hungry. While we were discussing it, Lisa said, "well, yeah, ok, we could go, but won't it be hard to find a place to park?" Right when she said that, we came up to a sign for a parking garage. We figured we were meant to go there, so we did.

For those of you who are aware that we're doing Dave Ramsey's Debt Snowball, part of his Total Money Makeover, you should also be aware that this mini-vacation is budgeted, and it's covered by money that normally would be used to cover expenses when I have home-time. So while it seems extravagant, it's actually costing us less than if I just went home as I usually do.

So, we went to the Hard Rock. We were too friendly to the wait-staff, so between us and the kids they knew we were from Michigan, and that we were staying in McDonough (with the implication that both of these places are Timbuktu or farther out). Danielle and I both had the Hickory Bacon Cheeseburger, Lisa had chicken fajitas, JJ had something, and the little kids had something else. Imagine my surprise and deep personal feeling of terrible insult when I got this receipt:2-18-2009  - Hard Rock Hick Burger - 9;48;06 PM

 

Hick Burger. I'm insulted.

But hey, the Hard Rock was an experience, as usual. Not nearly worth the money, and it was a mistake to go there. At least the receipt was funny - it all evens out.

- Trevor. McDonough, GA. 2009-02-20.

3 comments:

SeaSaw Mom said...

$14.75 per laugh seems a bit steep to me...but if you got a lot of laughs out of it, I'm sure it will pay off in the end.
;O
And if you thought that was expensive, maybe you better check with me on Disney costs before you come! hahaha

Trevor said...

Yeah, well, $14.75 per laugh isn't *too* bad, but I had to pay the entire $155.00, and I still only got to laugh the one time. *that's* steep.

Anonymous said...

i never liked hard rock. but i hope you enjoyed your hick burgers