Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Carpool Lane

I do quite a bit of driving, which means I have time to think, and often while thinking I see road signs.

Road cops have such an awful job that it doesn't take them long to turn into very nasty people. In their defense, they *have* to be pretty nasty people to do that job, so it's likely that a lot of them started out that way. :-)

Anyway, I like to try to think of ways to mess with them that would get them back for being jerks to me all those times when they were (and sometimes, they were incredibly unbelievably bad, although in truth I've gotten tickets from some good guys over the years).

So, this thought has been running around my head for a couple years, and it seems like the perfect "crime". Please, if anyone can think of a reason this wouldn't work, click that comment button right down there \|/.

You get a friend to lie down on the floor of the backseat in a jurisdiction where back-seat passengers are not required to be belted, then go drive in the carpool lane. You could do one better by having a blow-up doll or mannequin or something in the front seat.

It seems to me that you're perfectly legal, while looking illegal. I think it would be wise to make sure your car, insurance, and registration are all *COMPLETELY* up to snuff, 'cause if I'm right this guy is gonna *WANT* to write you for *SOMETHING*.

If you try it, let me know, and if it works, you'll get hero status from me!

- Trevor.
Branch, MI
2007-12-26

P.S. I've also considered displaying a ton of license plates from all over on the back of your vehicle, with only one of them being the correct one, and that one *not* in the middle. My guess is they've probably got a rule about this one, but I don't know of one.

No comments: