Thursday, June 14, 2007

Life in a Truck - Part II

Here are some uninteresting photos and stories from yesterday, Wednesday, June 13th.


It's hard to tell in this picture, but think about it this way: Danielle was sitting in the passenger seat of the truck and pointing the camera almost straight downward into the canyon when she took this photo. I don't know how far down it is, but I know that when I looked over that way and saw the guardrail that was shorter than my tire, The heebee-jeebees came and took all of my patooties.


Hey, who put this lake here? This is somewhere in the westernmost 100 miles of New Mexico. I have no idea what happened, but there's a huge billboard, and this truck, sitting in this lake. It's been there for years. I still laugh every time I see it. I hope I never find out the real story, because my imagined ones are certain to be much funnier than the facts.



ASARCO has a copper mine in Hayden, Arizona. They require truck drivers to wear long sleeves while loading, and I had none. I said I could put on my jacket, but wasn't looking forward to wearing a wool and leather jacket while working in 90-100 degree heat. The guard (who was very nice, btw) said she had some sleeves she could give me, and these are them. I felt like a girl (half) dressed for the prom. ASARCO does not allow cameras on the property, so this picture had to be taken later, after the sleeves dried out (remember the heat I mentioned?).

NOTE TO SELF: put "Long-sleeved Shirt" on the Wal-Mart list. Thanks, self.


- Trevor.
Albuquerque, NM.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: